Handcrafted from a real 1oz 99.9% Pure Silver coin!
In fact, expect to see some very minor imperfections (see pictures) on the inside of the band because that will be where some of the coins surface area isn't fully removed as we don't want to lose all that valuable silver just to smooth it out unless you request it.
Inevitably over the years of making beautiful coin rings there have been from time to time a ring that was nicked, blemished, damaged and returned or sometimes I just get a few coins that are so bad that I won't use them to make one of my popular coin rings with. Most coin ring makers melt those down and just sell them off for their weight in silver but why not recycle them into beautiful jewelry? Without a doubt it's a lot of extra work but well worth the effort over totally and permanently scrapping a historical coin.
This is what I've done here and you get to even choose whether you prefer it polished smooth or brushed (as seen in the photos above) on the outside looking like a high-end silver dome wedding band and choose if you would like to have it plated in another precious metal finish like Gold, Platinum or other.
By default I refinish both inside and out but if you want me to leave the inside alone so the original coin minting can still be seen, just message me with those instructions and I'll do that as it does make for a nice conversation piece to take it off and show your friends it was once really a coin!
I take coins of high purity and value and turn them into rings of art so on the rare occasion I post this ad, expect a very high grade one ounce silver coin to be used (see photos above) typically .9999 (99.9%) Pure Silver so expect to feel it within the weight of the ring.
1. Brushed or Smooth: The photos above show a brushed finish however the band can be polished to a very smooth mirror finish as well.
2. Finish: Choose whether you want the natural Silver the coin is made from or if you would like it plated in 24K Gold, Rose Gold, Rhodium, White Gold or Platinum.
3. Choose whether you want the inside of the ring to still have the face of the coin or have it polished out in stainless or mirror finish like you see in the photo above.
4. Width is typically between 10mm-15mm wide. If you have a preference, let me know otherwise I'll just make each coin the most symmetrical as possible.
5. Protective Shell: I've been asked by many customers for a protective coating that will make the finish last when plated other than silver and the answer is yes I do have that option which you can purchase separately here...
Obviously any precious metal plating has limited life spans depending on the owners individual use. Some for months, others only weeks. There are two solutions to this issue. That's why I always add a free coating of Jewelers Clear Coat for my customers to help extend that wear tolerance but even with that, it's not very uncommon to hear about the customer wearing through it in the first couple months (at least on the inside of the band where the band constantly rubs against your skin). Again, those two options...
1. Pick up an individual use bottle of Jewelers Clear Coat (the same I do initially for free) so you can reapply once a month or as needed.
Cons: Having to brush it on as needed.
2. Hyposeal™ Transparent Powder Coating
Pros: Never have to reapply and comes with a 3 year guarantee allowing you to return your ring (max 2x) if needed although I've never had anyone yet return their ring even after years of ownership. Also gives a very nice gloss coating to your ring.
Cons: None other than it being just a little more expensive than regular Jewelers Clear Coating above.
I look forward to working with you 😊
All sales go to benefit our wounded military veterans, help them get revocational training, help with medical expenses and aid in their return to civilian life. Donations are made to WWP and DAV charities.
Pinterest Coin Ring Gallery
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Nov 28, 2017
Beautiful, unique. Michael was very accommodating and helpful through the process of making this special ring, and I can't recommend this shop high enough. FullSizeRender 16.jpg