In my opinion this is the best of all coin rings you could choose! It was the very reason I got into the hobby of handcrafting coin rings. The thought of taking a US Silver Dollar in Americas infancy and just considering the places or people it must have past through can make your mind truly wander in amazement. I would never destroy a true piece of history like this so I while I won't take a highly prized coin and convert it into a ring, I will hand select certain pieces where the detail of the "In God we Trust" written in Old English font, the detail of the American Eagle, the date and other details that encompass the coin are still in VG (Very Good) condition and then hand craft them into a beautiful piece of art that can be worn and shared as what always turns into a conversation piece among family, friends and anyone who sees it.
WHAT I GIVE YOU!
- A random year between 1878-1921 will be selected from inventory on hand. If you desire a specific year, I'll look to see if I have it but if not we can always order it in for you but may cost more depending on what I can find available.
- You choose which side of coin faces out.
- US Ring Sizes 5-25 can be made down to the quarter of a size (don't see your size available, just let me know).
- Finish Options in Antiqued Patina (as pictured above) or a number of other options as seen to the right under "Coin Ring Finishes"
- Straight Wall or Beveled Ends (domed) options
- Regular Thickness or Ladies Thin Cut (about a 1/4" is taken off the thickness of the band for the ladies when requested)
- FREE Ring Box (Particularly nice if this is meant to be a gift)
- FREE Jewelers Clear-Coat Finish if you prefer (particularly nice if you patina your ring or are skin sensitive to certain metals)
- Fast Shipping (will ship within 1 business day via USPS Mail)
- Includes our Lifetime Guarantee**
ABOUT THIS COIN:
In 1876, George T. Morgan began creating a series of new coin designs at the behest of Director of the Mint, Dr. Henry R. Linderman. Morgan opted to use the profile of an American girl to depict Liberty instead of simply creating an imaginary figure for the obverse of his new design. After he rejected several possible candidates, Morgan's friend, artist Thomas Eakins, recommended Anna Williams of Philadelphia. Eakins knew Williams through her father, Henry Williams. She reluctantly sat for five modelling sessions with Morgan in November 1876 after being convinced to do so by friends. Morgan was impressed with her profile, stating that it was the most perfect he had seen in England or America. The silver dollar bearing her likeness was first struck on March 11, 1878. A condition of her sitting for Morgan was that her identity be kept secret, but the subject of the portrait was revealed to be Williams shortly after the dollar was released. Williams was troubled by her newly acquired fame, receiving thousands of letters and visits at both her home and workplace. Williams preferred not to talk about her modelling work with Morgan, dismissing it as an "incident of my youth."
Questions? Contact me through Etsy and I'll reply within 24 hours 😊
Were you aware that buying a ring from us helps our disabled vets? A portion of all proceeds are donated to the Wounded Warrior Project and as a fellow veteran myself, I thank you for your support of both small business and helping wounded vets get back on their feet again after returning home from war in the protection of our freedom to continue moving forward in life and get their much needed medical and financial needs met. God Bless you and God Bless America!
Wounded Warrior Project
Location: Jacksonville, FL | Year Founded: 2005
Mission: The mission of Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) is to honor and empower Wounded Warriors. Our vision is to foster the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded service members in our nation's history.
Programs: Outreach and Engagement, Mental Health Support, Physical Health & Wellness, Financial Assistance, Employment, and Education
Michael D Baker, Master Craftsman
Pinterest Coin Ring Gallery
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.